TF – Add / Edit Splays
To add a gable/splay go to the Add/Edit Splay command on the framing tab at the top of the page, which is located as shown:
Select the command and then indicate the wall to have the splay/gable added.
Once selected the below menu will appear:
The following features can be set:
- Type of splay – standard, mono pitch start, mono pitch end.
- Standard – set the angle (pitch) for each side of the splay.
- Mono pitch start – set the angle for the mono pitch splay. The splay panel goes off at the angle set from the start point of the wall below.
- Mono pitch end – set the angle for the mono pitch splay. The splay panel goes off at the angle set from the end point of the wall below.
- Extension (cutback) – the start and end values allow the gable panel to go beyond or fall short of the wall below.
- E.g. start extension 140mm = the splay panel will extend beyond the start point of the wall below by 140mm.
- E.g. end extension -1500mm = the splay panel will be 1500mm shorter than the wall below.
- Splay options:
- Number of sole plates – Set the number of sole plates. The number of sole plates and thickness of those sole plates will determine the revised overall length and height of the splay panel(s).
- Gable ladder – Set the gable ladder depth. This depth will adjust the size of the splay, coming in perpendicular from the angle.
- Truncate top height – Set the top height. At this height the angle of the splay panel will be squared off. In effect the ridge of the splay is chopped off.
- Vertical height offset – Set the vertical distance before the splay panel goes off at the angle.
- Panel sizes – Specify the size of the splay panels vertically and horizontally.
- Single panel – Regardless of the size only one splay panel will be produced.
- Split at ridge – The splay panel will be split down from the ridge.
- Use max dimensions:
- Specify the maximum width and height for the splay to be broken down.
- Select panels to be split from the ridge or around the ridge.